Mended Hearts meets each month at 7 p.m. on the third Monday of each month. Meeting locations change each month, so please call 314-432-6346 for more information.
The Executive Board meets at 6 p.m. prior to the regular meeting; all are invited to attend.
The Mended Hearts Inc. is a nationwide support organization for individuals with heart disease, including those recovering from heart attacks, angioplasty or open-heart surgery, and their family and friends. Mended Hearts is affiliated with the American Heart Association. Because Mended Hearts is made up of the very kinds of people it serves -- heart patients, their families and others impacted by heart disease -- its members draw on personal experience as they help others.
Support group members help people understand that there can be a rich, rewarding life after heart disease. Members share their experiences, learn from health-care professionals and volunteers to talk to other heart patients about lifestyle changes, depression, recovery and treatment. Monthly meetings usually feature a heart disease-related presentation by a health-care professional with time for questions and sharing.
Mended Hearts offers help, support and encouragement to heart disease patients and their families and friends by:
- Visiting patients (with physician approval)
- Offering encouragement
- Sharing educational information
- Establishing and maintaining assistance programs with physicians, nurses, medical professionals and health-care organizations
- Cooperating with other organizations in education and research activities
- Assisting heart disease rehabilitation programs
- Planning and conducting social and educational programming
For more information on the Mended Hearts support group at Missouri Baptist, call 314‑996‑5000.