Known for its exceptional heart surgery program, Missouri Baptist Medical Center continually ranks among the very top hospitals for cardiac care and cardiac surgery in the nation, and is recognized nationally for its patient-centric care, exceptional quality outcomes and its early adoption of innovative procedures and research.
- Our team of cardiac specialists partners with rural hospitals and EMS personnel to offer the region’s leading heart attack network, saving heart muscle and saving lives.
- Our specialists treat some of the most complex arrhythmias using the cutting-edge Stereotaxis Robotic Ablation. We are one of the leading heart centers in the world to offer the latest technology to treat patients’ arrhythmias.
- In 2012, we became one of the few heart centers in the nation approved to perform the transcatheter aortic valve replacement, a minimally invasive procedure used to cure severe aortic stenosis in high-risk or inoperable patients.
Experience & Volume Matter
Missouri Baptist Medical Center is one of the highest volume cardiac surgery centers in Metro St. Louis. We have performed more than 18,000 cardiac surgeries since the program’s inception in 1984. More importantly, our cardiac surgery programs outcomes exceed national benchmarks.
Recognized for Quality & Outcomes
- We are recognized by U.S. News & World Report as a "Best Regional Hospital for Cardiac Care"
- We have a 5-Star rating from HealthGrades for treatment of heart attack for nine years in a row (2005-2013)
- We hold the highest level of Chest Pain Center accreditation from the Society of Chest Pain Centers
Care Focused on You
At Missouri Baptist you are assigned a dedicated team of physicians and cardiac nurses who only care for cardiac and thoracic patients. The specialization of our team allows our staff to have an in-depth knowledge of cardiac diseases and treatments, which allows our team to treat the patient, not the condition.