At the Missouri Baptist Medical Center Emergency Department, we have created a process that decreases length of stay as well as shortening wait times for those in the ER. Our quality care close to home ensures that your love one can receive the medical support they need, when they need it most.
For more information on our Emergency Department in St. Louis or to schedule an appointment at MoBap, please call 314.996.5433 or 800.392.0936.
When to Go to the ER
Certain medical conditions or symptoms require an immediate trip to the ER
- Chest pain or discomfort; nausea; shortness of breath (signs of possible heart attack)
- Numbness in the face, arm or leg; sudden confusion; dizziness; blurred vision (signs of possible stroke)
- Broken bones
- Severe cuts with uncontrolled bleeding
- Major burns
- Severe allergic reactions to foods or insects
- High fever that can't be controlled by aspirin or ibuprofen
- Dehydration associated with persistent vomiting or diarrhea.
If you are experiencing a medical emergency please dial 9-1-1.
Children’s ER: Child-Focused, Family-Centered
The pediatric emergency unit at Missouri Baptist Medical Center is staffed 24-7 by specialty-trained pediatric nurses and St. Louis Children's Hospital (Washington University) pediatricians dedicated to the health needs and comfort of children and their families.
Learn more about the special care in our Children's ER.