Missouri Baptist Cancer Center is committed to offering patients the most advanced treatment and surgical options available. As early adopters of new technology, Missouri Baptist Cancer Center offers both RapidArc™ Therapy and the da Vinci® Surgical System.
Missouri Baptist Cancer Center was the first, and one of only a few, oncology programs in Missouri to offer RapidArc™ Therapy a FDA-approved radiation oncology treatment that provides faster and more precise cancer treatments while keeping healthy tissue healthy! This customizable treatment has additional benefits including:
- Faster Treatment- Treatment time is two to eight times faster than the next fastest dynamic treatments currently available. In fact, it offers high quality IMRT treatment in less than four minutes making all the difference for cancers of the prostate, head and lunch.
- Keeping Healthy Tissue Healthy- Through precision radiation, the amount of normal tissue affect can be decreased significantly.
- More Time- With fewer negative side effects and reduced patient wait time Missouri Baptist gets you back to your friends and family even quicker!
Da Vinci Robotic Surgery
The da Vinci® Surgical System is a state-of-the-art robotic platform that provides surgeons worldwide with an alternative to both traditional open surgery and conventional laparoscopy surgery. This system enables the specialized surgeons at Missouri Baptist Cancer Center to perform even the most complex and delicate procedures through very small incisions with unmatched precision. This tool has been particularly successful in the treatment of prostate and gynecologic conditions.
Benefits may include:
- Significantly less pain
- Less blood loss
- Less scarring
- Shorter recovery time
- A faster return to normal daily activities
- And in many cases, better clinical outcomes
At Missouri Baptist Cancer Center, this system enables surgeons to perform da Vinci prostatectomies, the most advanced, minimally invasive alternative for treating this disease. Early studies also suggest that the system potentially improves long-term cancer cure rates, the preservation of sexual potency and urinary continence as compared to traditional surgery.
Surgeons at Missouri Baptist Cancer Center are using the Da Vinci system to perform a range of complex surgeries to treat gynecologic conditions including cervical and endometrial cancer. Through this system our surgeons have a distinct advantage. Compared to the traditional approaches to vaginal, laparoscopic or open abdominal hysterectomy the da Vinci system provides the surgeon with a superior surgical tool for dissection and removal of lymph nodes during cancer operations resulting in additional benefits for patients like you.