Cancer Research - the leading edge of finding a cure.
Missouri Baptist is part of Heartland Cancer Research, one of 34 community networks that comprise the National Cancer Institute Community Oncology Research Program (NCORP). The Heartland NCORP brings access to the newest innovations in cancer treatment and prevention to residents of St. Louis, Cape Girardeau, Farmington, Jefferson City, Ste. Genevieve and Sullivan, Missouri, as well as over 120 other counties in Missouri, Illinois and northern Kentucky.
The Cancer Center currently has more than 90 clinical trials underway for cancer treatment, cancer prevention and symptom control. NCORP brings researchers together on a national level, such as the oncologists at the Cancer Center.
Our oncologists conduct high quality clinical studies in local community settings for patients with cancer, those enduring the side effects of cancer and its treatment, and for those at risk of developing cancer. State-of-the-art cancer research studies are available at the Cancer Center, alleviating the need to travel far from home.
Learn more about cancer research at Missouri Baptist.
Caring for you, as well as helping you fight your cancer.
Recognized as one of the region’s outstanding cancer programs, our Cancer Center is organized around these basic principles:
- Comprehensive treatment -- we use state-of-the-art technology to bring you the most advanced cancer-fighting treatments.
- Multidisciplinary approach -- our team of doctors brings together the medical specialists you need to plan and implement your care. Our cancer specialist also keep your primary care physician informed of your progress every step of the way.
- Compassionate care — we strive to support you during what can be the most difficult time for you and your loved ones. For many years, the physicians and healthcare professionals at Missouri Baptist Cancer Center have provided state-of-the-art cancer care to patients where they live – in their communities.
- Research & Clinical Trials — our goals are to provide cutting-edge research advances to our patients and to participate in discoveries that will benefit the next generation of cancer patients and people who are at risk for cancer.
- Art, Pet and Massage Therapy — a service provided by our Cancer Support Center, these programs enhance the quality of life of our patients and family members, and are an integral part of our your plan of care.
- Missouri Baptist Medical Center’s cancer rehabilitation program — provides you with coordinated cancer rehab supported by a team of specially trained and certified clinicians and providers.
Our Cancer Center also offers a Healing Garden where patients may go to find a peaceful retreat or, when possible, receive treatments by the side of our reflecting pool. Our infusion areas are equipped with wireless internet for patients and loved ones. And, our Cancer Support Center is there to answer any questions to help you and your family throughout this journey.
For more information or to schedule an appointment, call the Cancer Center at 314-996-5151 or contact the Cancer Center online.