A 10-week program led by a Pain Psychologist to learn effective ways to manage pain.
PRISM is designed to provide you with the tools and techniques to improve your quality of life. PRISM is a group program in which 10-15 people with chronic pain get together on a weekly basis to learn more effective ways to manage their pain.
Each weekly meeting consists of a 90-minute session led by a team of providers, including a pain psychologist, a physical therapist, an occupational therapist, and a dietitian.
Because chronic pain touches so many areas of a person’s life, you’ll learn skills and techniques for:
- establishing realistic expectations
- managing stress
- using physical and occupational therapy to maximize function
- dealing with the depression and anxiety that frequently accompanies chronic pain
- talking about pain with family, friends and others
- eating well to support your health
Contact Dana Schull at 314-996-4825 for program specifics.