As a friend of Missouri Baptist Medical Center, you know that we place a premium on delivering compassionate care to our patients. It takes many caring donors to make it possible.
Today, we hope you'll consider partnering with a special group of MoBap donors called Champions for Care. Each year, the Champions designate their giving to a group fundraising project that will elevate the quality of patient care.
Who is a Champion for Care?
A Champion for Care is a MoBap donor who gives at the Leadership level of $500 or more toward a patient care improvement project each year either outright or as a monthly Sustaining member. Since 2016 the Champions for Care Leadership Giving Level has provided much-needed equipment, education, access to excellent health care, and life-saving screenings.
2023 Project Goal
This year, Champions for Care are coming together to raise $192,000 for the purchase of new patient recovery recliners for the Orthopedic Department. Now more than ever we are grateful to donors who have supported the Foundation's charitable gifts with patient care improvements in the hospital as well as in our community. Since 2016 the Champions for Care Leadership Giving Level has provided much-needed equipment, education, access to excellent health care, and life-saving screenings. Champions for Care have had a significant impact on patient care through its ongoing support of important patient care projects.
The purchase of 48 new patient recovery recliners for the Orthopedic Department will provide the following upgrades and advantages for both patients, family members, physicians, and nurses:
- The seat is 2 inches wider to maximize room for any necessary equipment (drains, ice, blankets)
- The recovery recliner has a safety mechanism that does not allow it to tip when weigh is put on the head or footrests.
- The wheels can be placed in 2-wheel drive mode, or 4 wheels can move freely to help transport patients.
- The recovery recliner is sealed and modular which allows staff to replace damaged parts instead of replacing the whole chair.
- The vinyl can it be properly cleaned and sanitized between patients. • The recovery recliner locks in any position including completely flat.
- A table is attached to the side. This could be used for eating, to store personal items, blood draws.
- The recovery recliners can accommodate a patient weighing up to 650 pounds.
2016: Purchased 42 new infusion chairs for the Cancer and Infusion Center
2017: Underwrote early testing and diagnosis for breast cancer patients at risk of lymphedema
2018: Funded 14 new radiant warmers for Labor and Delivery and the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
2019: Purchased 9 new dialysis machines for inpatient dialysis unit
2020: Funded both a second lung cancer screening program nurse navigator and screenings for underserved communities
2021: Funded breast screenings on Missouri Baptist Mammography Van for underinsured and uninsured woman in 31 counties
2022: Purchased 12 new Emergency Room beds/stretchers
Become a Champion:
Fill out the form below and a member of our Foundation team will contact you to set up your monthly Sustaining donation and updates on CFC projects.
To learn more about the Champions for Care program or to become a Champion today email Deborah Kersting at [email protected] or call 314.660.9956.