Many people with certain neurological or chronic conditions begin to have difficulty with their mobility as their disease progresses. Changes in balance, endurance, sensation, increased spasticity, muscle weakness, or a combination of these symptoms can affect a person's ability to move on their own. Individuals may turn to assistive devices such as canes, walkers, or crutches when lower extremity weakness occurs.
As the ability to move worsens, people are at risk for falls and may become unabile to engage in community events, occupations, or other activities of personal value. When mobility issues begin to affect a person's social or work life, it may be time to consider using a wheelchair or scooter. This transition can provide the independence an individual needs to participate in daily activities and lead a productive, active life.
Our certified therapist can provide wheelchair and seating evaluations for patients experiencing a decline in their mobility, so they can choose the right solution to for their individual needs.
Benefits of choosing Missouri Baptist as your wheelchair seating experts:
- Onsite communication and access to ordering physicians allows for more efficient and thorough communication and follow- through for both clients and therapists.
- Experienced therapist accumulating over 20 years experience in patient care with an emphasis in neurological conditions and wheelchair seating.
- Strong relationships with certified seating specialists at local medical supply vendors.
- Positive feedback from past clients.
- Convenient location and easy access for all areas in the St. Louis metro area.
- Provide the latest in weight technology, called pressure mapping, to evaluate and detail significant pressure points to ensure your chair cushion will perform proper pressure relief.
To learn more about wheelchair seating and schedule an appointment, call 314-996-3500.