Return to Nutrition Services home.
Twelve Healthy Gifts of the Season … My True Love Gave to Me!
While temptation abounds during the holiday season, with a little planning you can give gifts that help others keep their healthy goals.
- Pack a bountiful basket of pomegranates, tangerines and an assortment of dried cranberries, cherries and blueberries.
- Because good things come in small packages, choose bite-sized dark chocolate containing at least 70% cocoa.
- Give a gift certificate for a relaxing massage.
- Tuck an assortment of loose and bagged teas along with mugs, sticks of cinnamon or honey and a tea ball in a holiday tin.
- Fill a reusable holiday grocery bag with a selection of premium olive oils and flavored vinegars. Add dipping plates, a mini peppermill and a loaf of crusty fresh bread.
- For your regular exerciser, give a new water bottle and include a gift certificate from your local exercise equipment/clothing store.
- Select an assortment of flavored cocoa mixes, and a thermos bottle to pack into a new insulated lunch bag.
- Does your list include a cook? Fill a holiday gift bag with a variety of premium bottled herbs and spices plus some new measuring spoons and cups.
- Add the gift of time in your holiday greeting card to a special friend. Enclose an IOU note to go for a walk, jog, run or cycling session.
- Need a gift for a gardener? Load up a new garden planter with mini pots of fresh herbs to use through the winter.
- Popcorn is a great whole grain; look for a gourmet mix of popping corn to include with a pretty serving bowl.
- Go shopping with the family to purchase a variety of foods to give to a family in need.