Excellence in Nursing Care, Core to Our Mission
At Missouri Baptist Medical Center we have a long and rich history of delivering exceptional patient care. Not only do we employ a culture where quality meets compassion, we are the destination where nurses come to train and expand their clinical careers. Our dedicated nurses ensure a focus on advancing medicine, technology, treatments and our own field of nursing.
A History of Nursing Excellence
In 1895, we opened the Missouri Baptist Nursing Training School. Nursing students worked 10-hour days at the hospital in addition to their studies. During its 105-year tenure, the school graduated 4,300 students. The Barnes-Jewish Goldfarb School of Nursing opened at Missouri Baptist in the new Clinical Learning Institute in 2012. This atmosphere of education and research allows our nurses to continue to explore new beginnings. Leveraging the strengths of our past in combination with a strong nursing vision for the future, the Missouri Baptist nurses reached new heights in professional practice.
- Advancement of nursing research
- Development of academic partnerships for BSN and MSN degree programs on campus
- Implementation of a new shared leadership model – Governing Alliance for Professional Nursing (GAPN)
- Redesign and growth of Professional Nurse Development Program (PNDP)
Our Nursing Mission, Vision and Philosophy
We elevate the practice of nursing through the development of a professional practice model. It incorporates all aspects of being a nurse in an organization including leadership, governance, recognition and reward, professional relationships, professional development and care delivery.
- Our Mission – The nursing community at Missouri Baptist strives for optimal patient outcomes through the compassionate application of evidence-based care in collaboration with patients, families, the healthcare team and academic partners.
- Our Vision – Missouri Baptist will be unparalleled in the practice of professional nursing with empowered nurses who lead the patient experience and provide innovative patient and family-centered care in a dynamic healthcare environment.
- Our Philosophy – As nurses at Missouri Baptist, we are committed to advancing education and leadership at all levels, to advocate for patients and families, to provide exceptional compassionate care through innovations, collaborations, professional accountability, respect, and service excellence.
2016 Nursing Annual Report