Outpatient clinic and inpatient consults to better manage patient pain.
Chronic pain can affect someone’s entire life. Our new Pain Management Center offers options that are less invasive and less costly than traditional surgical ones.
Patients must be referred by their primary care physician or a specialist currently involved in their care to be evaluated by a board-certified physician who is trained in pain management and, if needed, a clinical pain psychologist. Depending on the individual’s pain history, a physical therapist with experience in the treatment of chronic pain also may be asked to see the patient.
Our multidisciplinary pain team will develop a comprehensive treatment plan that may include the following: appropriate minimally invasive procedures, individual psychotherapy, individual physical therapy and/or participation in our group cognitive behavioral program (STEPP). Medication management assessments are performed upon request.
- Improve activities of daily living
- Reduced pain medication use
- Patient is active participant in plan of care
- Collaborative approach to help patients manage their pain
- Maximizes cognitive behavioral therapies and physical therapies while minimizing pain
- Same-day and next-day appointments available
Types of Pain Treatments:
- Physical Therapy
Procedures we perform in our outpatient setting
Visit www.pain.wustl.edu for in-depth information on managing pain.