A healing environment for our patients and their visitors
At Missouri Baptist, we're committed to providing a patient and family-centered environment that promotes healing. Our experience shows that patients who need to be hospitalized, need time to rest and heal. Therefore, we ask you to observe our visiting guidelines:
Visiting hours are 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- To ensure our patients have time to rest and heal, children under the age of 10 are discouraged from visiting. Of course, if a child’s visit is important to a hospitalized parent or grandparent, they certainly are welcome.
- Please be sure all visiting children are accompanied by an adult who, for the child’s safety and patient’s healing process, maintains constant supervision during the visit.
- Open visiting hours.
- New mothers, however, need rest and time to bond with their infants, so we recommend visitors follow the General Hospital visiting hours of 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Of course, the new father/partner or special family member may be invited by the new mother to stay overnight.
- Siblings are welcome to visit.
- We ask that all visiting children be supervised by an accompanying adult at all times to ensure the child’s safety.
- Visiting hours are from 10 a.m. to 10:30 p.m., but for only 30 minutes every two hours on the even hours. Thus, visiting times would be from 10 to 10:30 a.m.; noon to 12:30 p.m.; 2 to 2:30 p.m. until 10 to 10:30 p.m.
- Please understand that these patients are in the critical phase of their recovery, therefore, we must limit the number of visitors.
Intensive Care Unit
- Open visiting hours, except between 6:30 a.m. and 8:30 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. During these times, families are asked to leave so that physicians may examine their patients and nurses can deliver care without interrupting family visits.
- Please understand that our ICU patients are very sick and require a great deal of rest. Therefore, we kindly request that you limit the number of visitors to two at the bedside, and if possible, consider visiting one at a time.
- To ensure the safety of our patients, facility doors are locked at 8 p.m. each night.
- After 8 p.m., all visitors must enter the hospital through either the West Lobby entrance or through the garage in Building D (to visit women and infants).
- All visitors entering after 8 p.m. will be given a visitor's pass issued by our security officers.
- Any deliveries (food, etc.) after 8 p.m. must be picked up by the person ordering the delivery, in the West Lobby. The person ordering the delivery should call the West Information Desk at ext. 84224, and inform them of the room/cell phone number to call when the delivery person arrives.
- After 8 p.m., delivery people must remain in the West Lobby.
Help Us Help Our Patients Heal
We understand that many people feel the need to stay overnight with their loved one in the hospital. We will try to accommodate these requests whenever possible. When a patient has a roommate, however, the needs and privacy of both patients must enter into the decision for allowing an overnight stay. Please discuss this in advance with the nurse in charge.
For the well being of our patients and the safety of our staff, visitors who are inappropriate, uncooperative or disrespectful, will be asked to leave. If children are not supervised, for their safety and the safety/healing of our patients, they and the adult who brought them to the hospital will be asked to leave.